The travel season is upon us, and the trip you are planning is no doubt something you are anticipating with great joy. However, there are a few things you may wish to remember before you pack that last bag.
- Take along a copy of your travel insurance policy with the emergency phone numbers.
- If illness should occur on the trip and a claim is to be filed, be sure to seek medical care before returning home. It will probably be necessary to verify the medical condition causing the interruption or return.
- Allow any emergency transportation arrangements to be made by the assistance company so payment may be guaranteed.
- Remember: if there should be a baggage delay, that benefit will only reimburse for those items that have been purchased, so keep all receipts in order to present with a claim.
- Baggage loss or theft must be verified by airline, police, hotel or some other authority.
- Keep any receipts that may be reimbursable. Without them the claim will be much more difficult to prove.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.