Travel issues from Chile's Puyehue-Cordon Caulle’s volcanic eruption continue as an ash cloud moves over Argentina, Uruguay, South Africa and Australasia.
- Qantas Airways has canceled all New Zealand flights for today and postponed Buenos Aires flights until Friday. Domestic flights will operate as scheduled.
- Air New Zealand will continue to fly at a lower altitude to avoid the ash cloud, which requires about 10% more jet fuel.
- Turkish Airlines has cancelled flights to East Africa – including Istanbul-Addis Ababa, Istanbul-Khartoum, Istanbul-Entebbe, Istanbul-Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam-Nairobi, Nairobi-Istanbul.
- Kenya Airways has canceled all flights on the Ethiopia-Djibouti route.
- Dubai’s Emirates airline canceled flights to Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa.
Experts from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology's volcanic ash unit say they expect the ash cloud to continue to cause travel disruptions for at least another 24 hours. If you are scheduled to travel in these areas, check with your travel agent or airline to see if you're affected.